swtch off GC?

Jarrett Billingsley jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 20:15:40 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 9:31 PM, Weed <resume755 at mail.ru> wrote:
> It is possible to disable GC?
>
> That it has not been included in result binary for an increasing
> performance of pointers operation and reduction of the sizes of the binary
>
> I have not found the answer in google.

You can disable the GC by using - surprise! - GC.disable() in Tango
and Phobos 2.  In Phobos 1, it's called std.gc.disable().

If you want to remove the GC from your program entirely, it's possible
with Tango and Phobos 2; you would just link the runtime library
slightly differently.  I don't know/think that it's possible to do it
with Phobos 1.