Can i safely cast void* from void[]?

Burton Radons burton.radons at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 13:53:30 PST 2009

Heinz Wrote:

> I remember i read around the D site that dinamic arrays can be stored in system memory in a 'non contiguous' way (different locations). I was trying to find again that page but haven't had any lucky. I'm not crazy, i know i saw it.

It could have meant that arrays might be extended by allocating more pages onto the end as needed and as possible - the physical location of these pages would be non-contiguous, but they'd be contiguous in the memory view. Any other way would be replicating processor features in software, so I don't see it happening.