Re: Structuring a library project—best practices

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Feb 12 05:39:42 PST 2009

Zarathustra:
>If you want to test yours classes then the best method are the unittests. But if you only want to verify that library was correct installed then you just should use any component of the library.<

I think that it's better to put unit tests as close as possible to the things they test, so after each damned function/template/class/thinghie you can put an unittest that tests all the corner cases you can dream of.
Then in a separate place, like a directory with tests, you can put higher level tests, that test functionality, etc.

Bye,
bearophile