Example Attached

Fri Feb 13 07:01:55 PST 2009

Mike Parker wrote:
> Heinz wrote:
>> torhu Wrote:

>>> Try this:
>>> alias extern (C) void function(void*) MyDLL_Initialize_fp;
>>> alias extern (C) void function() MyDLL_Terminate_fp;
>>> alias extern (C) MyClass function() getMyClass_fp;
>>
>> Haha! cool man, thanx, it works.
>> I never though it could be the type but adding extern(C), the program
>> treats variables as C function pointers. I had no idea at all that i
>> can create extern(C) variables to be trated as C type. I learned
>> something new today!
>> Thanks again.
>>

> It doesn't affect normal variables. Calling a function through a
> function pointer, the calling convention still must be known in order
> for parameters to be properly passed. So any time you define a function
> pointer to point to a C function or to pass to a C API as a callback, it
> must have the proper extern linkage.

Actually, extern(C) does affect normal variables. In particular, it
affects their name mangling. (And if the type of the variable includes a
'raw' function pointer type (not an alias/typedef to one), I'm pretty
sure it also modifies that type to use a C calling convention function
pointer type)

The example above, though, does not directly affect any variables
because they're only alias declarations.