Generic functions to convert to void* and from void*

TSalm TSalm at free.fr
Mon Feb 23 12:55:45 PST 2009

>>> I'm trying to build function which have the hability to convert a type
>>> to void* and from void*.
>
> First of all, I have to ask: have you looked at std.variant /
> tango.core.Variant?

Yes, but it seems that Variant class uses more memory than void* .

>>> [...]

> I get the distinct impression that you're seriously over-thinking this.
>  Both of these functions could be rewritten as casts.  Aside from that,
> you've given no context for me to have any idea what you're trying to
> accomplish here.

I'm really a newbie concerning the use of void* ( I think you have notice
this ;-)  )
Thanks for your usefull remarks.

I'm simply trying to make a little and lightweight "DBMS in memory".
Simply made by classes like TableMem, RowMem and ColumnMem(T).
There's also a "private" class which aims to store datas, using void*[][].