Class and Interface Fun

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 19:43:55 PST 2009

With this code:

--------------------------------

module test5;

interface I
{
    void foo();
}

class A : I
{
    void foo() { }
}

class B : A, I
{
    alias A.foo foo;
}

void main()

--------------------------------

I get this error:

--------------------------------

class test5.B interface function I.foo is not implemented

Does this make sense?  I mean, shouldn't the explicit reuse of A.foo in B
be sufficient indication to the compiler that B is satisfying the contract
I?   I'm hoping to make use of such subtleties in some code, but first I
have to understand the reasoning behind this. :)

Note that this works if I remove the interface I from B's declaration --
ie "class B: A" -- since, in the D language, B is not required to fulfull
A's interface contract even though it inherits from it.

-JJR