Problem with dsss 0.78 rebuild error: out of memory

Spacen Jasset spacenjasset at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 16:53:54 PST 2009

Spacen Jasset wrote:
> I installing a new pc, and so have installed the latest tools
> specifically dss 0.78
>
> I find that when compiling certain things, such as Derelict (dsss net
> install derelict) or the project I am working on, rebuild runs out of
> memory.
>
> version 0.75 works ok, but 0.78 does not. I have 1Gb of memory + 2G of
> swap.
>
> Has anyone encountered this problem before?
I have found that there is indeed a bug in dsss 0.78 that manifests on
at least linux DMD.

If anyone has version 0.78 could see if you can reproduce it? I have not
tried windows yet, either.

Here are the files. dsss will loop for ages and then run out of memory.
It seems to get stuck in parse.c which is the DMD front end built into
rebuild.

---dsss.conf---
[engine.d]

---engine.d---
module renderer;

class RenderEngine
{

	void reset()
	{
		func(__FILE__ " RenderEngine: reset()");

--- ---
Invoke with dsss build