casting int[] to bool[]

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 17:46:09 PST 2009

"Jarrett Billingsley" wrote
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Saaa <empty at needmail.com> wrote:
>> That gives the same error.. only casting x to real works :/
>
> That's more an issue with D's extremely (overly?) strict overload
> resolution rules.  Functions like sin() shouldn't be an issue, since
> there is only one overload with those.  But yes, as far as pow() is
> concerned, I guess you do have to cast to real.  Casting is fine here,
> don't bother using to!().

This is such a common "mistake", and really more of an annoyance, I wonder
if it might be better if pow were switched to a template that called the
actual pow after casting the first argument to real.  Often times, one does
not use reals as their variable type, and I seem to recall this kind of
error happens even with literals for both arguments...

Something like:

real pow(T, U)(T t, U u)
{
   return _pow(cast(real)t, u);