D2 using std.proccess.shell

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 23:04:03 PDT 2009

I don't know if I'm misunderstanding the use of shell() or if this is a
bug. Trying to run some programs with shell error with a could not close
file. Sadly it I can come to any reasonable conclusion as to why.

Example output from running writeln(shell("gcc"))
gcc: no input files
std.contracts.ErrnoException: std/stdio.d(336): Could not close file
`gcc' (Success)

Note that the program was executed correctly printing the error message,
and the appended (Success) massage...? Also shell("gcc -v") works as with
proper output and no error.

Similar errors trying to run shell("dmd") unsure if this is related to
the programs not being in /bin.