D compiler for .NET

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 19:49:22 PDT 2009

Jason House wrote:
> Earlier today, I tried to use the D compiler for .NET from
> http://dnet.codeplex.com/
>
> Beyond compilation of the compiler, I found zero instructions on what to do
> next.  How do I integrate the compiler into the .NET framework/visual
> studio?  I'd like to be able to add D files to existing solutions (with C#
> code).  If I can do that, I'll probably push for some small adoption of D at
> work.  (I'm hoping mixins and templates will inspire the initial use of D)
>
> Any tips or documentation on how to get started would be appreciated.

"The back-end code is not of production quality, it is intended for
research and educational purposes. The D Programming Language is a
fairly complex language, and non-trivial features such as TLS and
closures make it an interesting case study for generating IL code."

Why do people never read the big red label saying "Warning: not ready
for use!"?

As for VS integration, so far as I know, there isn't any.  I'm also
fairly certain that you can't combine different languages in a single
project period.