D compiler for .NET

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Wed Jun 10 04:53:09 PDT 2009

Jason House Wrote:

> Beyond compilation of the compiler, I found zero instructions on what to do
> next.
I believe it's a traditional CUI compiler. Compile the compiler, open command prompt and run the compiler with source files. I think, it will say if something is wrong.

> How do I integrate the compiler into the .NET framework/visual
> studio?
I think, the same way, as you would integrate any other .net language. See wikipedia for a list of them.

> I'd like to be able to add D files to existing solutions (with C#
> code).
I don't think this feature is available, the author was focused on making CUI compiler only. If VS allows integration of 3rd party compilers, you can use that.
BTW how do you plan to get support for D syntax highlighting and intellisense?