array depth template

Jarrett Billingsley jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 20:12:56 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 11:02 PM, Saaa<empty at needmail.com> wrote:
> Any advantage to using two?

I just tend to prefer template specialization when doing type pattern
matching.  It works out better than is() in some cases.

> He also does :  is( T B ==B[])  iso  is( T B:B[] )
> Any significant difference there?

I'm.. not sure, in this case anyway.  Normally == does strict type
comparison while : does implicit type conversion, but in this case,
is() is being (ab)used to pick apart a type rather than test one.  I
think it'll always return 'true' in either case if T is an array, so I
don't think there's a functional difference.

> Also, what's the advantage of explicitly defining it as a template?

As opposed to what, implicitly defining it as a template?  This
question doesn't really make sense.