[OT] quoting text

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 12 16:52:40 PDT 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 19:40:02 -0400, Denis Koroskin <2korden at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Just don't quote. Why include quote, if there is nothing under it?

Why is it that some email clients start you out at the top of the quoted
messages, and some clients go below?

I guess it depends on your style.  If you respond to the entire message,
then putting at the top makes sense, because then you can read the
response quickly, and read the history below if you want.

But if you want to respond point-by-point, then going below makes sense.
You can respond to each point, then have your main point at the bottomm of
the message.

My email clients always put quoted text below.  However, my news client
always quotes above.

Someone should do a study...

-Steve