Tango Jake or other build system for Linux

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Sun Jun 14 10:26:14 PDT 2009

Michal Minich wrote:
> I would like to compile programs on Linux using LDC and Tango using
> similar tool as is bundled with Windows version of Tango - jake.exe. This
> build tool is not included in Linux version of Tango and I'm not able to
> find it's source code anywhere.
>
> Is there any tool for Linux that can parse imports of files and invoke
> compiler with all project files? (And preferably one which does not
> require any configuration, except choosing compiler).
>
> I'm also curious why the jake.exe is not available for Linux and why it
> does not have available source code.
>
> Thanks.

I'd strongly recommend xfbuild, it's actively developed, and can be over
twice as fast as rebuild. http://wiki.team0xf.com/index.php?n=Tools.XfBuild

It will be even better when it eventually gets support for config files
and implicit file names (coming soon I believe). If you intend to use
dmd then it will require a patch, ldc already has this applied though.