Tango Jake or other build system for Linux

Tim Matthews tim.matthews7 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 02:39:20 PDT 2009

Derek Parnell wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:06:24 +1200, Tim Matthews wrote:
>
>> Derek Parnell wrote:

>>>   http://www.dsource.org/projects/build
>>>
>> Bud is very nice but starts to fail when your code depends on templated
>> types.
>
> Thanks for this feedback. Can you give an example of what you mean by
> "starts to fail" and maybe some failing code too.
>
> I'll see what I can do to fix it.

  By using bud tango-user-dmd should not have to be linked in but if I
don't I get link errors. I have never tried to narrow it down until now
and should be very simple to fix:

module test;

import gtk.RadioButton;

/*import tango.text.convert.Integer;
import tango.stdc.stringz;    //uncomment these to allow it to link
import tango.io.Stdout;*/

void main()

C:\d\tango\projects\test-bud-error>bud test.d -cleanup
OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.1
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2004  All rights reserved.
C:\D\tango\bin\..\lib\DD-gtk.lib(Widget)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4text7convert7Integer7__arrayZ
C:\D\tango\bin\..\lib\DD-gtkc.lib(Loader)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4stdc7stringz9toStringzFAaAaZPa
C:\D\tango\bin\..\lib\DD-gtkc.lib(Loader)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango2io6Stdout12__ModuleInfoZ

That is importing a module from gtkd but anything that makes use of
tango while in .di files should also reproduce the error.