How to print Chinese characters in console in window XP?

Elrood arno at nym.net
Sat Jun 27 16:59:06 PDT 2009

@Rainer Deyke:
> In Python, unicode text output just plain works.

While it certainly wasn't my intent to spread false info, nor to defend
D or sidetrack from its bugs, I cannot confirm that unicode output *just
plain works*, neither with Python, and I'd be highly interested in more
info on how you got it to work. CP932 is invalid on my machine as well,
and I don't know of a font that supports Chinese symbols and is
available for the Windows console. Could you post some further clues
like which font and which version of Windows you use, please? That'd be
highly appreciated, thanks in advance.