Timer in D.API?

Sam Hu samhu.samhu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 16:50:19 PST 2009

Thank you both so much.
In DFL there is a Timer class but I can not get it work:
module dflTimer;

import dfl.all;

import tango.io.Stdout;

class LetterPerSecond
{
private:
Timer timer;
static int counter;
static char[] displayString;

void writeChar(Timer sender,EventArgs ea)
{
Stdout.format("{}",displayString[counter++%displayString.length]);
}

void startTimer()
{
timer=new Timer;
timer.interval=300;
timer.tick~=&this.writeChar;
timer.start;
}
public:

static this()
{
counter=0;
displayString=r"This string will appear one letter at a time.";
}
this()
{
Stdout.formatln("Before timer is starting...");
startTimer;
Stdout.formatln("After timer is ended...");
int main(char[][] args)
{
auto prog=new LetterPerSecond;
return 0;
}

It compiled but just print 2 lines of message:
Before timer ...
After timer...
I am asking Chris Miller on DFL forum regarding this issue.

In DWT,there is a Runnable class I think it can gain the same result ,but not test yet.

Regards,
Sam