What is the sate of LDC?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Mar 15 15:54:23 PDT 2009

BCS:
> It makes no reference to actually having binary releases out (but says they
> are forthcoming right next to a reference to a 2 month old blog post) and
> the word "windows" doesn't appear on the page at all.

A new "stable" release for 32 bit linux will probably come out in not too much time. They are updating it continuously.

A binary release for Win is essentially in standby, because the LLVM doesn't support exceptions on Win. I don't know how much time it will take for LLVM developers to implement them, maybe a year, I don't know (but eventually they will implement them, because they want to have LLDC to compile C++ code on Win too). And I think Walter isn't interested in implement them for LLVM, despite LDC looks like the best bet for the close future of D.

Bye,
bearophile