enums

Nicholas Jordan asdf at some.com
Mon Mar 16 11:53:35 PDT 2009

Oops, I missed the note about enums.

enums in other languages sound to me to be a great idea, but when I first started coding I noted that the machine was
placing them at the beginning of the file and I eventually figured out that they were being used to switch the behavior of
the operating system.

Due to the nature of my work, such an approach though needful routinely is not where I am going to begin coding. I may code
some in later after greater skill strength.

The matter is discussed on the topic "Hijacking" in the discussion of the goals and why's of "D"

See also a discussion by the author of H2 on how enums could ( though not by following the specs ) be used to obtain
operations from the JVM that it was intending to prevent.