New to D: Building multiple files

chris cmjreyes at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 08:04:35 PDT 2009

Alright so I'm not too familiar with building D or having to build
multiple files from the command line (Java usually takes care of
that). Basically I have a small game I put together as  a test
project. Here's the structure:

clo/clo.d
clo/Main.d
clo/common/GameState.d

clo is in module clo , while GameState is in module clo.common.

Main.d imports both clo and clo.common

I'm using the latest 'Easy D' installation on windows (so I've been
building simple single files with dsss build (filename). I'm just
assuming building Main.d would grab the other stuff and build that
(like Java or C#), but I get the following.

C:\Users\me\Projects\clo> dsss build Main.d
Main.d => Main
+ C:\dmd\dsss\bin\rebuild.exe -Idsss_imports\ -I. -S.\ -
IC:\dmd\dsss\include\d -
SC:\dmd\dsss\lib\  -IC:\dmd\dsss\include\d -SC:\dmd\dsss\lib  -
oqdsss_objs\D  Ma
in.d -ofMain
Command C:\dmd\dsss\bin\rebuild.exe returned with code 1, aborting.
Error: Command failed, aborting.

Listing all the files to build doesn't prove to be much better:

C:\Users\me\Projects\clo> dsss build -v Main.d clo.d commo
n\GameState.d
Main.d => Main
+ C:\dmd\dsss\bin\rebuild.exe -Idsss_imports\ -I. -S.\ -
IC:\dmd\dsss\include\d -
SC:\dmd\dsss\lib\ -v  -IC:\dmd\dsss\include\d -SC:\dmd\dsss\lib  -
oqdsss_objs\D
 Main.d -ofMain
parse     Main
meta      Main
import    clo   (clo.d)
Command C:\dmd\dsss\bin\rebuild.exe returned with code 1, aborting.
Error: Command failed, aborting.

(I jsut guessed -v was verbose)

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks