D styled data format, Json failed

Saaa empty at needmail.com
Sun May 3 21:51:00 PDT 2009

I looked at the JSON format and it seems very inefficient at loading arrays
as it isn't limited to one type per array.
This is nice when you want to save a small array with different typed
elements but for my purposes this is kind of a performance problem.

This is why I will try and get suggestions again about the D-styled format I
tried to suggest a few threads ago :)

Let me suggest a simple example:
(Please tell me when something isn't obvious :)

---file.dat
//comment
int number = 10;

float [3][2]  simpleArray = [
[0.1, 0.2, 0.3],
[0.4, 0.5, 0.6]];
--

---main.d
static import ddata;

ddata.get(file,'number',i);
ddata.get(file,'number',c); //type fail, thus returns -1 or throws an
exception

float [3][2] a;

ddata.get(file,'simpleArray',a);
ddata.write(file,'simpleArrayCopy', a);