D styled data format, Json failed

Saaa empty at needmail.com
Tue May 5 06:36:04 PDT 2009

> I guess you will have to write this one yourself, it will be to D what
> JSON
> is to javascript ;)
:-)

> I wonder how much of an performance improvement you will get though when
As I couldn't even figure out how to save an multidimensional array in JSON
we may never know :D

> You still have to parse and check everything since
> it remains a text based format.
I will be focussed on (safe) speed and not flexibility because as you
mention
otherwise it might be useless for the large arrays I wish to get/write

> I know of one other solution but that's again not available for D: google
> protobuf: http://code.google.com/p/protobuf/
> This uses a text-based format for describing the structure of the data,
> but
> the actual data can be in an optimized binary format.

For me the data should be readable.
You may write the binary extension if you like :)