dmd on ubuntu installation

Michael P. baseball.mjp at gmail.com
Sun May 10 18:18:06 PDT 2009

Frits van Bommel Wrote:

> Michael P. wrote:
> > But when I type dmd in the terminal, I get this:
> >
> > michael at ubuntu:~$ dmd
> > bash: /usr/local/bin/dmd: Permission denied
> > michael at ubuntu:~$
> >
> > Do you know why?
>
> Looks like you didn't "chmod +x" it. Zip files don't store *nix permissions...

Okay, but what should I do to fix that? I tried:
michael at ubuntu:~$ chmod u+x /usr/local/bin/{dmd,dumpobj,obj2asm,rdmd}
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/local/bin/dmd': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/local/bin/dumpobj': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/local/bin/obj2asm': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/local/bin/rdmd': Operation not permitted
michael at ubuntu:~$
but that happened. :(