Wht std.complex is needed?

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sun May 17 10:15:32 PDT 2009

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:
> MikeWh:
>> Why in the world would complex types be dropped from D?
>
> Andrei wants to cut them away from the language. And his power in the design of the language is great. So saying such things here isn't going to help much. So you can send him an email, for example. He will probably answer you that with a library complex you can do (almost) the same things.

I believe the goal is to get the language to a point where a complex
library can do exactly the same things as the current built-ins.  The
only difference should be that you need to import std.complex (if that
even).   If changing to a library introduces any reduction in
functionality beyond that I don't think it would go through.

--bb