DMD Modifications

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 21 03:43:46 PDT 2009

white_man wrote:
> Does it possible to modify DMD and publish it in that form. Of course with full information about authors. Does it legal?

It depends.  If you ONLY modify the front-end (front-end files are
identified as being licensed under GPL [1]), then you can distribute the
modified front-end.

However, if you modify the back end, you cannot redistribute those
files.  You also cannot distribute a compiled version.

To be safe, it's probably best to just distribute any changes you make
as a patch.

  -- Daniel

[1] There's another license involved, but I forget what it's called.