Encoding problems...

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Thu May 28 14:05:40 PDT 2009

BCS wrote:
> Reply to Robert,
>

>> Hmm... I'd say x.⊆(y) is preferable x.isSubsetOf(y), but it's not a
>> huge deal.
>>

> Only until you have to type it. I think universal alpha includes only
> the union of things that can be easily typed on standard keyboards.
<snip>

What inspired you to form that opinion?

My impression was that it's some standard list of Unicode characters
that are letters (or logogram or ideogram or whatever) in some language
somewhere in the world.

Anyway....
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/lex.html
"Identifiers start with a letter, _, or universal alpha, and are
followed by any number of letters, _, digits, or universal alphas.
Universal alphas are as defined in ISO/IEC 9899:1999(E) Appendix D.
(This is the C99 Standard.)"

I eventually managed to find this:

http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/docs/n1256.pdf

Stewart.