Recovering D1 Code from .obj or .exe files

jicman cabrera_ at _wrc.xerox.com
Tue Nov 3 13:57:17 PST 2009

BCS Wrote:

> Hello jicman,
>
> > Greetings!
> >
> > I need your help, if so at all possible...
> >
> > I just lost lots of code changes because a computer lock down, but I
> > have a good .exe file with .obj and also .exe files.  Is there a
> > possibility to grab the code from those files?  Or, is there any way
> > that I can recover what I did this weekend?  I have backups as of
> > friday, but I did lots of work this weekend that I would like to get
> > back.
>
> .obj and .exe files have none of the source code in them you might be able
> to recover the program as C with some tools but it will be very ugly code
> and will take longer to clean up then to redo your weekend of work. Besides,
> if you just redo the work it will be easier the second time.

heh heh heh. :-)  I don't want any c code. :-)  That is why I am programming in d.  Well, I guess I have to go back to the drawing board.  I should have COMMITted!  When in doubt, commit.

thanks.