help starting

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gamil.com
Tue Nov 3 14:34:57 PST 2009

mc Wrote:

> I downloded D and it said its missing a debugger so i re downlouded that  and i can still only run the program  on CMD.
> What did  i do wrong?

I'm not sure exactly what you are doing wrong. In all likely-hood, you can run your program outside of CMD(Command prompt), but Windows will close the command prompt it creates before you notice it. I don't know of any requirement for a debugger. I suggest you review these pages to get started:

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?D__Tutorial/StartingWithD
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?D__Tutorial/StartingWithD/Compiler/DMD

> do you now how to separate a string(char[]) into words?

Check out std.string;

http://digitalmars.com/d/1.0/phobos/std_string.html

char[][] split(char[] s);
    Split s[] into an array of words, using whitespace as the delimiter.