gap buffer in D2

Spacen Jasset spacenjasset at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 6 07:07:36 PST 2009

BLS wrote:
> On 05/11/2009 01:04, Spacen Jasset wrote:
>> BLS wrote:
>>> yep, mean it...
>>>
>>> has somebody done it before...to me it seems to be not as trivial as
>>> it looks on the very first view. (speed matters)
>>>

>> Did one in C once for an editor (of course). Does that count? I might be
>> able to find the code. It might not be pretty I can't remember.
>
> YEP,would be nice to have a look. thanks!
>
> would be interesting to have a 2 gaps buffer for beyond-end insert (append)
Perhaps, if you expect things to be inserted in the middle and at the
end at the same time/alternately.

I can't quite remember why I have this gap buffer. I do remember that I
was going to have some sort of linked list of gap buffers for editing
large files. The code should work. It's used in an old hex editor which
works ok.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/731271/GapBuffer/GapBuffer.C
and
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/731271/GapBuffer/GapBuffer.h