CTFE and structs question

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 07:23:52 PST 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Don <nospam at nospam.com> wrote:
> You can create them without templates. std.metastrings was created before
> CTFE existed, it's rather outdated. It's intended for use with template
> metaprogramming, not for use with CTFE.

I posted about this the other day,  wouldn't it make sense to update
std.metastrings to be a set of functions useful for CTFE?  Because
that way they would be usable from either templates or other CTFE
functions.  And as CTFE capabilities of the compiler get better the
functions could be replaced with simple aliases to regular functions
in std.string.  But at the moment there's not much in std.string that
works for CTFE.

--bb