error linking to my own custom module

Sean Fennell fennellstyle at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 19:57:38 PST 2009

I'm very green to D, just learning it now.
I have a module that I wrote.  Its pretty simple, just helper functions to get input from user as certain data types
GetInt()
GetString()
GetChar()
etc...

I compiled the module using dmd -lib mymod.d which output mymod.a

Now I've imported my module into ask.d to test it and I get the folliowing linking error when I try to compile:

ask.o:(.data+0x4c): undefined reference to `_D4mymod12__ModuleInfoZ`
My dir structure looks like this:

project/
---ask.d
---lib/
------mymod.d
------mymod.a

and my import line is:

import lib.mymod;

Anyone seen this before? Using linux dmd v2.036

Thanks!