why can't structs implement interfaces?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Nov 25 03:07:41 PST 2009

Don:
> That's been requested many times. I posted a patch to Walter to do
> exactly that. It was beautiful. It detected recursive template
> expansions, and gave really nice error messages. Silently rejected.
> Sigh.

If your patch is well done, works with LDC too, I see no reason to refuse this feature even for D1, it doesn't change the language and just makes debugging simpler. So let's not surrender yet. How much time ago Walter has refused this patch? Lately Walter is more receptive for your patches. I can create a new thread about this in the main D NG. If 8+ persons say they want this patch, and it works correctly, then Walter can change his mind.

Bye,
bearophile