Any way to workaround Optlink crash?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Sep 2 05:41:41 PDT 2009

"Denis Koroskin" <2korden at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:h7hbe8$1sni$1 at digitalmars.com...
>I was refactoring the following line of code:
>
> foo(rand() % 256); -> foo(0);
>
> and that causes Optlink to crash now. Any reason why it does so?
>
> That particular file is just 157 lines long, but the whole project is
> quite big, although there are no large files. The biggest one is ~140K,
> it's from win32 bindings project (only defines a bunch of constants, and
> does little impact on output file size), that I use for a few years now,
> and they never caused any problem to me. My files are 40K max.
>
> I believe that line of code has no direct relation to Optlink crash, but I
> still post it just to show that it's code simplification that leads to
> crash, not adding any new type or symbol or anything.
>
> Thanks for any hint.

I don't mean to sound patronizing, but you did try clearing out all the
object files and doing a clean build, right?

I only point it out because I've been bit a few times by an object file that
got out of date but didn't get rebuilt (especially when using rebuild and
switching to a different configuration, like debug vs release...and I've
been suspecting that templates might have a tendency to trigger the same
problem too). It took me awhile to catch on to the fact that this was
happening.