Linking in an .so on linux with rebuild?

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 22:11:40 PDT 2009

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 12:41 AM, Daniel Keep
> <daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I found a solution.
>>
>> See
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/335928/linux-gcc-linking-ld-cannot-find-a-library-that-exists
>>
>> For me, I needed readline and history, so I did this:
>>
>> $ cd /lib
>> $ sudo ln -s libreadline.so.5 libreadline.so
>> $ sudo ln -s libhistory.so.5 libhistory.so
>>
>> After that, ld didn't complain.
>>

> Oh yay. I was going to suggest that but I had never had that kind of
> problem on Ubuntu when building MiniD before. Maybe we're using
> different versions or something.

Now I just have to figure out how to fix THIS:

../build/dsss_objs/D/sandbox.minid_repl.o: In function `_Dmain':
sandbox/minid_repl.d:(.text._Dmain+0x6f): undefined reference to
`_D5minid11commandline45__T3CLITS5minid11commandline14MDConsoleInputZ3CLI11interactiveMFPS5minid5types8MDThreadZv'

I *hate* linker errors.  :(