gdc and Make

nedbrek nedbrek at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 04:12:09 PDT 2010

Hello,

"Daniel Keep" <daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:hpra3o$2pp6$1 at digitalmars.com...

> bud, rebuild and xfbuild were designed so we wouldn't NEED Makefiles in
> the first place.
>
> Unless you've got a good reason, just use a recent dmd and xfbuild.

Yea, I looked at gdc vs. dmd and Phobos vs. Tango.  I really get hit on all
sides...

I'd like to use dmd, because it's got better support.  Also, I'm interested
in the fuller library in Tango.  But, I'm constrained by what I'd like to
do.

At some point, I'd like to make plugins for Tcl, and that means building a
.dll.  From my experience that can work through gdc, but not in dmd.  Maybe
that has changed?

Thanks,
Ned