Newsgroups, off-topic

Joseph Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Fri Apr 16 08:28:36 PDT 2010

Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
> The D2 language, which has so far been the "experimental branch" of D
> and as such has been a rapidly moving target, is in its final stages of
> completion.  The specification has more or less been frozen, and
> currently work is being done on bringing the DMD compiler up to spec.
> When this is done (this summer, I believe) work is supposed to start on
> a 64-bit compiler.

My concern about this is more along the lines of: when will D2 versions
of LDC and/or GDC be available?

To an extent I'm not sure I understand why, with two great backends
available, D2 development did not switch over entirely to one or the
other of these -- though I understand the fact that the DMD backend is
probably the one the Digital Mars developers are most comfortable with.