Newsgroups, off-topic

Petru Avram avrampv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 09:28:18 PDT 2010

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:26:00 +0300, eles <eles at eles.com> wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I just started using D (2.0). I have three or four questions:
>>
>> 1) How to use the newsgroup link (e.g. news://news.digitalmars.com/
>> digitalmars.D.learn) to read the newsgroup? Is the "news://" protocol
>> handled
>> by some program under Linux (Ubuntu, 64)? I write this using the HTTP
>> interface
>> (e.g. http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/indexing.php?
>> server=news.digitalmars.com&group=digitalmars.D) which is not very
>> pleasant.
>> COuld we, at least, have an interface like the one used by archives?
>> (e.g.
>> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/
>> Re_value_range_propagation_for_bitwise_OR_108807.html)? And a SEARCH
>> button?
>>
>> 2) What is the status of complex numbers in D2? Is stated that module
>> std.complex will replace the built-in types cfloat, cdouble, creal,
>> ifloat,
>> idouble, and ireal. When and... how?

Knode is for KDE but it is the best I have used so far. You can also
try Pan for Gnome (I heard it is the best) or you can try the new Opera
browser that has this feature included in the mail module (along many
other features – I recommend downloading the preview deb package of
Opera 10.5 from http://snapshot.opera.com/unix/snapshot-6317/ which is
usable as a browser too and is as fast/faster than Chromium (it uses
more memory though).