ctfe library

Don nospam at nospam.com
Tue Apr 20 08:07:38 PDT 2010

Ellery Newcomer wrote:
> Are there any good libraries for ctfe/code generation?
>
> I don't know, things like parsing support for compile time strings,
> string formatting, type <-> string
>
> My project seems to be growing ctfe, and it's all horribly hacky and
> ugly code.

I've found that the function below improves things immensely. I might
propose it for std.metastrings in the next Phobos release.

===============

/** Escape any quotes and backslashes inside the given string,
  * prefixing them with the given escape sequence. Use `\` to escape
  * once, `\\\` to escape twice.
  */
string enquote(string instr, string escape = `\`)
{
     // This function is critical for compilation speed.
     // Need to minimise the number of allocations.
     // It's worth using copy-on-write even for CTFE.

     for(int i = 0; i < instr.length; ++i)
     {
         if (instr[i] == '"' || instr[i] == '\\')
         {
             string str = instr[0..i] ~ escape;
             int m = i;
             foreach(int k, char c; instr[i+1..$])