Comb Sort with ranges

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Apr 21 02:47:30 PDT 2010

Ellery Newcomer:
> this is a bit off topic, but have you noticed that comb sort can
> consistantly beat the pants off phobos' built in sort for data of
> reasonable sizes?

In my dlibs1 there is a tuned Quicksort that I have written that is about 3.5 faster than the built-in sort, so I am not surprised. (The built-in sort is not a template, it used run-time typeinfo to work).

>Admittedly, I didn't implement it using ranges (It's really cool that you can!) and just used arrays.<

I have already found three bugs in that "cool" code, I will try to fix them and I'll post an updated version.

Bye,
bearophile