xfbuild, optlink and pragma(lib)

Mafi mafi at example.org
Sun Aug 1 08:22:12 PDT 2010

> libSDL.dll.a is a MingW- or Cygwin-compiled link library. That's not
> going to work on Windows with DMD and may very likely be the source of
> your problem. If you want to link with a DLL link lib, then you need to
> get the tool coff2omf[1] (part of the Extended Utilities Package[2]) run
> it on SDL.lib (I suppose it might work on SDL.dll.a), and link with the
> resulting converted file. Either that or compile SDL with DMC.
>
> Alternatively, you could modify your binding to load SDL dynamically
> like Derelict does. Then you don't need to fool around with any link
> libs. But, you do need a fair amount of implementation code to load the
> function symbols from the DLL.
>
> [1] http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/coff2omf.html
> [2] http://www.digitalmars.com/download/freecompiler.html

The tool sounds cool but it seems that I have to buy it, so that's no
option for me. So I tried to compile SDL myself. I have to say I'm to
stupid for it. I tried to do the same thing as the makefile in
powershell. After I hacked together some solution that worked dmc
complained about missing Gl.h. It isn't there. So I added some MinGW to
the include-path and then I get a bunch of errors in SDL without
linenumbers. And anyways I am trying to compile it without MinGW, aren't
I. Please, help me!