Naming suggestion for this particular delegate/function

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Tue Aug 3 04:42:59 PDT 2010

Partial-application/currying is another issue (related or not), but I
made no mention of it.
I meant map simply as "higher-order function that applies a given
function element-wise to a list of elements and returns a list of
results". No currying involved.

On 01/08/2010 09:34, Philippe Sigaud wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 20:07, Bruno Medeiros
> <brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail> wrote:
>
>     Consider the familiar functional idiom "map"
>     (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Map_%28higher-order_function%29)
>
>     What would you call such a function parameter (either for map or
>     just generally).
>

> What parameter?

According to what I said above, the parameter that is a function (the
function that will transform the elements). The only other parameter is
the collection or iterator.

>     That is, what would you call a function that takes one parameter of
>     some type, and produces another object/data from that input?

I meant generally. So for example if you were coding in Java or some
other language that does not have first order functions, but instead
have to wrap them as an interface, what would you call the interface?

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer