std.algorithm.sort fails?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 02:28:23 PDT 2010

On Thursday 05 August 2010 01:26:32 Johannes Pfau wrote:
> On 04.08.2010 11:34, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > There appears to be a bug with regards to SwapStrategy.stable. If you
> > don't pass it a swap strategy it works just fine, but if you do, it
> > fails.
> >
> > I'm using svn snapshot 1751 of phobos, which is a few weeks old, and it
> > fails an assertion in sort() which is checking whether the range was
> > sorted. I have no idea if it's been fixed since then. I don't see a bug
> > report for it in either case.
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> Ok, I'll just use it without SwapStrategy.stable then. I guess I could
> also test the phobos svn version at some time and if the assert still
> fails the phobos devs likely already now that.

You'd probably be better off creating a bug report. The phobos devs don't catch
everything and neither do their unit tests. And even if they're aware of it, a
bug report will serve as a reminder to them so that they don't forget. I know
that Andrei has asked people to create bug reports on a few occasions when he
was already aware of a issue that they pointed out, because he didn't want to
forget it.

- Jonathan M Davis