One question about templates

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 07:41:33 PDT 2010

bearophile Wrote:

> Philippe Sigaud:
>
> > I used to be confronted to this pb too. Here is what I did:
>
> You are gentle and helpful, and your post has given me useful ideas, but your post it too much unreadable for me.
>
> If you take a look here you can see 16 attaches, and it seems part of your message are missing, where is the code for TemplateName?

Oww, what a mess!

That's strange, I didn't do anything different from all other answers. Man, are my posts always like this? I'd be horrified to pollute the NG like this.

I did not attach anything or whatever, just replied to you mail. The code I pasted was complete and functional.

I don't have it here, I'll answer again tonight, using the digitalmars website.

> And what does it happen if two templates coming from two modules share the same name?

Good question. The names returned by .stringof or __traits(identifier) are always short, not fully qualified. Just this week, I needed to get a qualified name and could not found a way.
I can start a thread about it on the D main NG.

Maybe doing a static import would work?

Philippe