Problem with std.array(std.regex.splitter())

Mon Aug 9 06:17:46 PDT 2010

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 07:31:21 -0400, bearophile wrote:

> Jonathan M Davis:
>> Well, the requirement for save() being part of a forward range is
>> fairly recent, and a bunch of ranges which are supposed to be forward
>> ranges don't have them even though they're supposed to. The change was
>> made fairly close to the release of 2.047, I believe, and it was missed
>> for many ranges. It's mostly if not entirely fixed in svn. Actually, if
>> I try and compile Bearophile's code on my machine (which has a fairly
>> recent version of phobos), it compiles just fine.
>
> I have tried the latest beta and indeed it works, thank you. Where can I
> find information about the purposes and meaning of save()? TDPL?

It should be in the documentation of std.range.isForwardRange(), but
Andrei seems to have forgotten it.  He did describe it in his 'On
Iteration' article, though:

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1407357

Check out page 7, section 'Forward Ranges'.  (I think the whole article
is worth reading, if you haven't already -- it really helped me
understand ranges.)

-Lars