std.string.chomp error

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 08:59:50 PDT 2010

On Tuesday 10 August 2010 02:34:33 Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
> I guess it depends on what behaviour you're after.  In the present case,
> if you want chomp(a, null) and chomp(a, "") to do the same thing, then
> you should use '=='.  If you want chomp(a, "") to simply do nothing, use
> 'is'.  I just figured that the former was the desired behaviour here.  If
> it isn't, I agree with you. :)

I was really talking about the general case rather than chomp() in specific,
but's fine with me if "" and null are treated the same here, I suppose. Still,  I
really don't like it when null and empty is treated the same way (in D or
anything else). There's a difference between something not existing and it
existing but not having anything in it. But, as I said, we're stuck with the way
it is in D.

- Jonathan M Davis