Is there a queue class in phobos?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 14:50:34 PDT 2010

On Tuesday, August 10, 2010 12:06:55 Mafi wrote:
> Am 10.08.2010 18:22, schrieb Trass3r:
> > Container has List, BinaryHeap etc. but no Queue. Is there anything like
> > that in Phobos?
>
> Hi,
> I don't know if ther is one but I think D's arrays are powerful enough
> unless you avoid the GC.
>
> 1. a.front() => a[0]
> 2. a.popFront() => a = a[1..$]
> 3. a.pushBack(x) => a ~= x
>
> I think in phobos there must be front and popFront for arrays to make
> them ranges but I don't know where.

If you want to treat an array like a range, use the functions in std.array.
That's not a terribly cheap way to do things though since you keep resizing the
array and will likely get a lot of reallocations. If efficiency isn't an issue,
then it could be a nice, clean solution, but if efficiency is a priority, then
that's probably not a good way to go.

- Jonathan M Davis