Sharing unlocked, unchanging data between threads?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 09:54:53 PDT 2010

On Wednesday, August 11, 2010 02:36:55 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2010-08-10 23:53, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > On Tuesday, August 10, 2010 11:54:06 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> >> I though immutable was supposed to be implicitly shared with no need for
> >> locks or read-write barriers (or what they're called).
> >
> > Ah. I have no clue that D1 does. I only use D2. There's obviously nothing
> > wrong with posting D1 questions here, but most of the discussion and
> > questions around here are for D2, so it's probably a good idea to
> > indicate that you're using D1 when asking a D1-related question.
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> Oh, was the question about D1? I didn't get that.

LOL. Apparently, I managed to respond to entirely the wrong post. I intended to
respond to Chris Williams' post that he was using D1, not yours. I have no idea
how I did that...

In any case, I posted to the right thread but the wrong post. So, yes,
apparently he's using D1, but he never said that, so at least some of us (if not
all of us) assumed that he was talking about D2.

- Jonathan M Davis