shared libraries in linux

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 14:56:22 PDT 2010

On Sunday 15 August 2010 09:40:53 g g wrote:
> I have successfully made funtions and structs in shared libraries in linux
> with dmd, but i have no idea how to do that with classes, and how call the
> static this() funtion of the linked module, because variables ( even
> immutable ) are not correctly set without calling it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> gzkp0s

If you search the main D list, you should be able to find several discussions on
share libraries. But they aren't really supported yet. I don't know what the
details are, but there are some issues (at it looks like you found some) which
make them not quite work yet. Walter is currently working on the 64-bit port of
dmd on Linux. I'm not sure whether he's going to work on the Windows 64-bit
after that, or if he's working on the shared library issue next, but if he's
working on the Windows 64-bit port next, he'll be working on the shared
libraries right after that. So, it's in the queue and a high priority for Walter
at this point, but it hasn't been done yet.

- Jonathan M Davis