How to avoid the console from apearing.

Michal Minich michal.minich at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 15:01:06 PDT 2010

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 21:40:02 +0000, John Connors wrote:

> Hi.
>
> This is my entire program:
>
> import std.process: system;
>
> int main(string[] argv)
> {
> 	return system(r"bin\someprogram.exe");
> }
>
> It works but a console (from my program) apears while someprogram.exe is
> running. I've read that some optlink switches are needed to make the
> console disapear. Tried the following (which I found in DM FAQ), but
> don't seem to work:
>
> dmd -L/exet:nt/su:windows loader.d resource.res
>
> The console keeps appearing.
>
> Do you care to give me the correct switches?
>
> Thanks

this example does not shows console. Maybe you can simplify it.
http://digitalmars.com/d/2.0/windows.html

in step 3 you need to crate mydef.def file and give it as an argument to
compiler.

you will probably not need, but complete docs are here
http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/ctgDefFiles.html
http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/win32programming.html