Can't get D calling C to build.

Bob Cowdery bob at bobcowdery.plus.com
Thu Aug 19 06:52:33 PDT 2010

 Hi

Just trying to get started and need a little advice. First up was
selecting an IDE, tried a few and settled on Code::Blocks. I need
Windows and Linux and also C and D supported in the same IDE. The
support does not seem to be finished in Code::Blocks though, does it
really not have syntax highlighting for D or did I miss something.

Anyhow it works well enough for now. First task was to build a test of D
calling C. Made the simplest possible C static library, one method
returns a string. Made the simplest possible D app which calls the C
method and prints the result. I built the C part and then referenced it
as a library in the D build. The D build goes with no errors and says it
has written the output file... but it doesn't, there is  no output file.

It says:
Linking console executable: bin\Release\DTest.exe

Now I've tried this with just D code and it writes the output and runs
so I know something works. Does anyone know where to look, is it
Code::Blocks, compiler, stupidity (probably).

Regards
Bob